|Home||The Historical Society||How to Join||Shadi History Room||How You Can Help||Contact Us|
Bungalo Auto Court, by Mervin Belfils
In 1930, S. C. Masterson built additional cottages at the existing Bungalo Auto Court, that he owned on San Pablo Avenue. It ran through to Kearney Street south of Manila Street. This is now where the El Cerrito City Hall is located.
The new additions were more modern than the old wooden cottages and they were larger with stucco on the outside. The driveway entrance was on San Pablo Avenue and Kearney Street. In later years, some of these buildings were moved across San Pablo Avenue to the west side of the avenue next to Beck’s Grocery store and are now part of the now more modern Terrace Motel.
S. C. Masterson’s son was the well-known Judge Masterson in Richmond.
Copyright Mervin Belfils, November 1975
Copyright El Cerrito Historical Society, June 2006
(back to narrative index)
© El Cerrito Historical Society 2018-2020 All Rights Reserved
No part of this website or any of its images or contents may be reproduced, copied, modified or adapted, without
the prior written consent of the author, unless otherwise indicated for stand-alone materials.